The Jesus School closed at the end of the 2014-2015 school year.
Thank you for your support.
The Jesus School, consisted of a preschool for 3-5 year olds and a full-day kindergarten, it provided early childhood education in the Catholic tradition for the children of Lambertville and surrounding communities in Hunterdon County, New Jersey and Bucks County, Pennsylvania, beginning in 1983 until it closed in 2015.
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION NEWS
Volunteers are still needed to help with the Religious Education program. We are in need of aides for some classes, hall monitors, door monitors, and substitute catechists. Please stop by the Religious Education office to volunteer.
There are links to some of the forms below.
Saint John the Evangelist Parish Lambertville
Whole Family Catechesis
The $500.00 family fee is to be given through the regular weekly parish collection at St. John the Evangelist Church or St. Agnes Church. Please use your parish envelopes, checks or our electronic “Parish Giving” program. Loose cash will not be counted toward your family fee. There is no additional fee for a Sacrament year.
Examples of how the Family fee is applied.
If your family contribution is $400.00 per year, your extra Religious Education family fee is $100.00.
If your family contribution is $120.00, your extra Religious Education family fee is $380.00.
If your family contribution is already at least $500.00 per year, your extra Religious Education family fee is $0.00.
November – Monthly meeting – Week of 11/13/2016
December – No monthly meeting
- Attend Immaculate Conception Mass (Holy Day of Obligation)December 8, Thursday, 7am & 7pm @ St. John
- Attend Parish Reconciliation Service December 5, 2016 @ 7pm at St. John's Church.
- Attend Christmas (Holy Day of Obligation) Mass
- Attend Mary Mother of God (Holy Day of Obligation) Mass
- Attend at Least one of the following:
- Advent Wreath Day (following all – Sunday Morning Masses TBA)
- Guadalupe Mass and or Service- TBA
January – Monthly meeting – Week of 1/8/2017
February – Monthly meeting – Week of 2/5/2017
March – Ash Wednesday Mass No monthly meeting (During the Season of Lent)
Attend - Attend Parish Lenten Mission Weekend MassesTBA;
- Attend at Least 2 of the following:
- Stations of the Cross – held each Friday during Lent at 7:00pm
- Soup and Stations of the Cross -FridayTBA, Soup @ 5:30pm & Stations @ 7:00pm
- Divine Mercy Sunday/Sunday Concert at Four – Music & Scripture - TBA
- Holy Thursday 7:00pm Mass, Good Friday 3:00pm Service or 7:30pm Stations of the Cross
- 10:00am Blessing of food for Easter - Holy Saturday morning
April – Monthly meeting – Week of 4/23/2017
May – Family Service Weekend - May 20 & 21, 2017
No child will be denied religious instruction because of a family’s financial restraints, however all families are expected to support their parish. If there is a true financial hardship, contact the Religious Education Office .
Reception of the Sacraments of Reconciliation, First Eucharist and Confirmation requires two years of preparation.
Sacrament Sunday Schedule
Sessions begin following the 11am Mass at St. John’s 12:00 noon – 2:00pm
November 27, 2016
December 11, 2016
January 22, 2017
February 12, 2017 (Confirmation Retreat)
April 2, 2017
Diocese of Metuchen - Website - Click here for link.
Child & Youth Protection Office, Diocese of Metuchen - Website - Click here for link.
Protecting God's Children - VIRTUS Online - Click here for link.